Pronouns: He / Him
Height: 5 foot 6 inches (167cm)
• To strangers he tends to come off as cold, hostile, or just weirdly intense.
• Prefers straightforwardness, and finds indirect/vague communication exhausting.
• Equally capable of both wielding vicious sarcasm and completely missing it when it's not coming out of his own mouth.
• Handles tense or stressful situations well, and either falls apart or just refuses to engage when it comes to everyday social interaction.
• Doesn't laugh or even smile very often, but he does have a weird, boyish, gross-out sense of humor (which he mostly uses to torment Petra).
• While he's usually pretty cool-headed on the surface, he's not fearless-- just good at continuing to do things while scared.
• Rarely volunteers information about himself. He doesn't consider his past a painful secret, but he also doesn't see the value in talking about it.
• Tidy and organized. A man who appreciates a bag with a lot of pockets.
• Will fix, or at least attempt to fix, just about anything, including interesting things he finds in the garbage.
• Will read basically any book cover to cover regardless of its content. If you ask him for a book review he'll just spoil the book for you.
• Operates on two principles: be practical, and do the right thing.
• Something is following him.
Skills & Strengths:
• A very capable outdoorsman, the kind of person who if abandoned on an island would simply start a new life, build a cabin, and attempt to domesticate the wildlife.
• Though he can't cast at full capacity anymore, he was once a very good defensive spellcaster, and can still manage when he really needs to (but not for long).
• Pushes people away and flees from affection. He doesn't like himself, therefore people he likes definitely should not like him.
• Without enough work to do he will just start drinking and continue until he either finds something useful to do or destroys his entire life.
|Relationships to other characters|
|Petra||[insert the whole visual novel here]|
|Carson||Friend, mentor, and technically a subordinate once, but ranks are just formality. Carson is probably the person he trusts the most.|
|Kell||Sykes considers him a good friend, despite his oft-grating (and horny) behavior.|
|Naomi||She healed him after his fight with Petra. He has complicated feelings about the whole event. He can't express them, so he's just awkward around her.|
|Erika||Oh jeez, it's a whole thing.|
|Maddie||Accidentally becomes another of her dads.|