b a s i c s
a b o u t
Kaseem is a mystic who immigrated to the United States as a child and grew up to embrace his heritage and has a 'showmen' type personality. He kind of bums around, going through old libraries and trying to commune with the gods and spirits, but he's also on the payroll of a criminal gang of smugglers. Kas acts as a 'scout' for the lounge gang from time to time, infiltrating rival groups and trying to charm his way into learning their secrets and the top members. When he's working, he tends to be super theatrical and gives himself a new identity each time, which he is usually thrilled about. He's only used to work after long periods of kind of just fucking around, so he kind of spends a lot of time just bothering people. He really likes to find out dirt and interactions between his fellow gang members, and in his free time, he is prone to watching people at nightclubs and bars with their interactions. He loves old books and palm readings, going to see psychics and reading old legends. His apartment is filled with Arabian-inspired tapestries and trinkets, and it is fairly large since he is paid much more than he should be per his rank. He also loves magic tricks and anything remotely related to mysticism.
For a long time, Kas struggled with accepting his sexuality. He doesn't like the generalization of 'gay guys' and the way most of them act, especially in the media. He wants to be seen as more of a genuine and intellectual person so he doesn't really advertise his preferences and for a while, people didn't even know. When he gets more comfortable with people though, he will flirt a little sarcastically, but if his feelings are genuine he'll be more quiet about it. In the meantime, he is fascinated by the female gender, and he is used to making friends with them more than starting relationships with other guys. He's simply more comfortable around girls because he knows that nothing will go anywhere anyway.
Traits: +charming, +suave, +theatrical, +supportive, +mischivious, +street smart, +protective, +good with people, +lucky, -lazy, -judgmental, -vain, -slightly hypocritical, -gullible, -duplicit, -good at lying, -opinionated
- Has a black Persian cat named Bast, and she is his baby and the true love of his life
- Loves to people watch and observe their interactions
- Thinks he's mystically inclined and loves spiritualism, mysticism, and mythology
- He thinks he's talked with the spirit of his grandmother- she is his favorite family member.
- Burns candles and incense that mean things to him, like green for monetary luck
- Knows he's beautiful, you don't need to tell him. Yes, that gold looks good and his eyeliner is slay, he knows. He does it himself.
- Kas was homeschooled growing up by his aunt.
- Believes that in a past life, he was a high priest to Amun
- Has a faint Egyptian accent
- Mexican food makes him sick
- He isn’t picky about his hair- it can be styled in a lot of different ways
- Gets a little offended when media portrays ancient Egyptians as sub-Saharan African or Caucasian. Like, don’t they realize how inaccurate they are? Have they ever been to Egypt?
- That being said, Kaseem has hardly ever been to Egypt since his move, so most of his interpretation of it comes from media and documentaries. But he still feels like he's warranted in basing most of his aesthetic about it and the rest of the middle east.
- Likes to wear jewels or fancy bindis in the middle of his forehead, though he knows it's kind of cultural apropriation, he just really thinks they're pretty.
s t a t s
r e l a t i o n s
Mei Lee (Love Interest)
Kas and Mei are just friends for now, but he is trying to charm him on the down low- but mostly just wants him to be more comfortable in who he is. He thinks he’s a very interesting person- if not a little high strung, but he realizes that is part of who Mei is. He likes that he has golden hair and thinks he’s very attractive, even if he doesn’t really think of himself as all that.
Anna Yefremova (Close Friend + Fellow Gang Member)
Kas and Anna are in the same gang and sometimes pretend to be married or dating when they go to observe other gangs and rivals. It’s about as over the top as you’d think and he sees her as like a sister.
Damon Valentino (Fellow Gang Member)
Kas and Damon are in the same gang. He gets that Damon is super hot and thinks he's smart as shit, but he thinks Damon needs to chill and stop having such a stick up his ass. Also, he's kind of a homophobic asshole sometimes and that rubs Kas the wrong way. He doesn't know Damon all that well other than when Damon is giving him assignments from Anatolli. One time, Kas screwed up little bit, and Anatolli had Damon 'correct him'. He knows that Damon was simply following orders, but he still holds a bit of resentment.
Cosette Hatahle (Fellow Gang Member)
Kas and Cosette are technically in the same gang but he doesn’t really know her or what her job is. For a long time he thought she was just a lounge patron, and she was until Kas was one of the people who indoctrinated her into the gang itself. He likes her fashion sense.
HTML by lowkeywicked