Vilhelmiina Hellä Vanhanen
there is only one pronoun in Finnish. (she/her in English)
One of the main 8 characters in Trashland.
- default age is 60, actual birthday is 15th March 1943
- born in Finland but spent much of her adult life in Russia (when it was still the USSR)
- second of five children
- speaks fluent Finnish, Russian, Swedish and English in that order
- 6'5" tall
- as she spent her whole life living in cold climates before being recruited, she thinks any temperature over 15 celsius is obscene
- will just jump into ice water like it's no big deal
- but also loves saunas. has one built right next to her office
- probably has at least one knife hidden on her person at all times
- is bisexual
- had a long term girlfriend (Vera) who was her partner in "crime"
- "crime" being doing various illegal activities for good causes and sometimes just for fun
- later her motivation for everything became "to antagonise whoever"
- one time had a plan to assassinate Leonid Brezhnev and then decided to change target to Richard Nixon. this plot never got off the ground.
- huge fan of ABBA
- also a huge fan of the Eurovision Song Contest
- has a huge stash of wine and vodka. if she's drinking something non-alcoholic it's most likely to be milk
- was recruited for the Platinum Army in February 1972 (age 29)
- fought her way up to Rank 4 and is determined to replace Masuyo as Rank 5 and possibly the General himself. has no idea what the General is truly capable of though, and does not know he's an alien.
- briefly dated Masuyo in the 80s, though it was more of a love-hate relationship
- goes by the name "Vilius" because it sounds more "serious" than Vilhelmiina (it's still a variant of the name William anyway).
- supposedly replaced her hip herself
- changes the story of how she got the scar on her face every time it's brought up
- many people believe she is a vampire, she never confirms or denies it