Don't really have much yet, I'm still setting up
holy heck I l o v e coldplay :)
I've seen songs you associate with your characters but never ones about your stories or your serieses :0
It's exactly what it says on the tin: What songs do you associate with your stories?
Warning: some videos linked have shaking images/words.
My General Playlist is the music I listen to most of the time, and that includes writing and drawing
OH DAMN awesome music... I don't have any information abt my projects posted here but I do have playlists for all of them too!
- In Fact by Gregory and the Hawk has been my favourite Over & Ends-associated song since like the first time I heard it - probably helped me dig into the themes and core while writing the outline and I still feel like the main character's voice sounds like this!
- Tetralogy has too many really good songs but Undercover Martyn by Two Door Cinema Club has always been first up for a good reason!
- The Killing of Calla Christie's song is definitely King of Swords (Reversed) by the Dear Hunter, a lot of its themes got fleshed out while listening to this song and its disco aesthetic is pulled straight from there asdfghj
- Doomtrain doesn't have a song that's the Epitome like my other projects, most of them are just really lyrically applicable for certain plots even tho the genre might not vibe well... but Too Far by Anna F was the first song on the playlist and just like... feels right, honestly
- Aaaaand the vniverse is all but retired for now but YOHIO's cover of Welcome to the City still has the entire aura nailed omfg
This song tbh actually, the entire "Sherlock Holmes" movie franchise songs 🙏 fills my gaslight fantasy heart with joy
I often associate Starchild with my Sacred Sokuna story. There's no words, but somehow, it just seems like the perfect song to describe the world and lore.
I.......have this habit of associating any shounen anime OP/EDs with my main story lol (I listen to these type of songs when drawing them) but ones that perfectly fits my story are The Biggest Dreamer by Wada Kouji, Be My Angel by Enomoto Atsuko and Legendary by Roselia
Also B.O.F. by Poppin'Party because this song makes me wanna cry
King of Anything is basically the theme song of Eagles and Swans, and also of Ruthenia as a character. Besides being the inspiration for Ruth, it captures the mood I was going for with the project, upbeat and uplifting, but also scathingly critical in some ways.
Young Volcanoes by Fall Out Boy literally works for any of my stories. it just does. well maybe not ALL of my stories but i swear it's most of them hahaha