I love Toru Nakayama's style ! Its the guy that made artworks of Megaman Zero, and damn thats amazing !!
Do you have any artstyles you really like from any medias (series/games/shows etc) or specific artists, either within dA, TH or any sites? Nothing much, just pure curiosity. Plus I know its one of the things that shows the visual trademark/signature of an artist, hahah.
Reminder that this is for styles that you LIKE so avoid even bringing up anything you dislike.
On a non-webcomic note, Okami has a just... really lovely art style. I’d love to see Hana drawn in the game’s style someday, since her design was inspired by it :’)
I'll post for artstyles of existing franchises first, but I'll definitely share my fav artstyles from dA/TH/other online artists in another post!
- First and foremost is the most obvious if you know me lol but I feel like it's an underrated artstyle imo?? I guess I'm just....a huge fan of styles they use for kids anime (JP fandom calls it "hobby anime") as in Digimon, Beyblade, Cardfight!! Vanguard, Battle Spirits or just any series of similar nature/genre :') Seeing them just give me a huge nostalgic rush plus the crazy hair and colors are why I felt like characters from these kind of series are the most recognizable imo (To name a name, Yoshihiro Nagamori is probably a big one for this kind of style!)
- Puyo Puyo!! A lot keep mistaking it for PASWG because of how underrated this series is but honestly it's a fun style and I always love seeing artists emulating Puyo Puyo style :0
- 2000's shoujo style....like Arina Tanemura's or Peach-Pit's. Big love.
- I'm not the biggest Danganronpa fan but you gotta admit its style is so iconic to the point Rui Komatsuzaki's FGO artworks is still joked as something from Danganronpa sjhdgsjhjsfgsj
- Sidu's works for Kagerou Project/Mekakucity Actors is A E S T H E T I C of darker colors mixed with minimal color coding/tones plus her character designs are very simple yet memorable.
- Ume Aoki!! She's mostly known for being the character designer of Madoka Magica but I always loved her Hidamari Sketch works and her style is super super warm and cute.
- Reasons to love collabs in Granblue Fantasy: Any characters looks fantastic in Hideo Minaba's style regardless of where the characters came from (Gbf original characters also have really great designs :'D)
- 90's anime style is a hype rn but tbh Slayers have my favourite 90's anime style despite I frankly never got into the series. I love the iconic eyes and the way they draw faces!