I don't know about you all, but I LOVE visual novel sprites. They're always so cool and pretty!! So, I thought "why not make an art game thread where people make sprites? Sounds fun enough." So, this game came into creation!!
Basically, what you do is you draw a couple (around 3 at minimum) visual novel sprites for the character above you!! Now, I'm aware that sounds awfully hard and intense, BUT the thing is, for VN sprite they usually only have one base image and just edit the expression (and sometimes the pose slightly) each time!! Here's an example of what I mean!! https://danganronpa.fandom.com/wiki/Kokichi_Oma/Sprite_Gallery
Now,, here's the rules!!
- The guidelines/requirements for a sprite is
- The sprite has to be a halfbody or 3/4 shot!! No headshots!!
- The sprite CANNOT be a sketch or lineart, color HAS to be included!! Whether they're shaded or not is completely up to you, though.
- ABSOLUTELY NO DOLLMAKERS OR BASES. The sprite should be 100% your own art. Don't use bases you've made either as a cheat.
- The background must be transparent!! It's a sprite dude......
- Animation isn't required but if you feel generous go right ahead!!
- PUT EFFORT INTO IT. No half-assed claims, please. It doesn't have to be a masterpiece but at least try your best! :-)
- Try to finish within a month!! Ofc if you have life issues going on, PM me and I'll give you an extra two weeks to finish. If you haven't finished within that time frame I'll ban you.
-If the character has drawing/design notes, PLEASE DEAR GOD READ THEM.
- STAY IN CHARACTER. Do not draw the character above doing something they normally wouldn't dare to do or acting ooc. I suggest including a few expressions you'd like in your post!!
- NO NSFW/LEWD SHIT. I'm a minor, I cannot mature this thread. Don't draw NSFW of any kind. On a different note, unless the user above gives the okay for gore don't draw that either.
- PM the user your art/edit the art into your post when you finish!!
- This one isn't required, but thank the user below you (unless they broke a rule)!! They put effort into their art!!
- Post every 3 posts, please!! Give others a chance to claim hsnsbsh
- If you end up actually wanting to use the sprites you received in a project of yours, ASK THE ARTIST FOR PERMISSION AND GIVE CREDIT TO THEM FOR THE ART. And no commercial use either (unless the artist gives the okay)!!
- Be nice !!
For the first poster on this thread, since this is a reupload, PLEASE DO THIS UNCLAIMED LAST POST FROM Memesogic!!
Charlotte cocky/smug, crying, red-faced tsundere embarrassed kinda face, bored
Ellie sparkly eyed excitement, crying, dozing off, happy
Vince snarky, genuine embarrassment, unimpressed, bored
HHHHH, I mostly do the Persona style myself so feel free to draw anyone from the Birominian folder ;;;u;;;
Just simple expressions will do! (Neutral, smiling, scowling)