As a general rule of thumb, if a staff member asks you to discontinue an activity or a behaviour, please respect their decision. If you continue to ignore the instructions of a staff member, you may face temporary or permanent suspension.
The following content is strictly prohibited in interactions or content in any area of the site:
- Hateful or insulting rhetoric targeting any race, sexual orientation, gender, or disability.
- Encouragement or conduct of activities within an illegal context.
- Disclosure of another user's personal, real-life identifying information.
- Violent threats made directly, indirectly or in relation to other users. This includes wishing death or harm to other users.
- Hate or insults directed towards other users or their creations, artwork or designs. Making comments about your preferences is fine, just don't target specific users with it. "I don't like starry blue designs" is OK. "I don't like all the starry blue characters on the Popular Characters page today" is bad, because it can be hurtful to the people who see it.
This will result in the content being removed, followed by a warning or suspension depending on intent, maliciousness and severity at the moderator's discretion.
Note that this does not include In Character, Roleplay related, or otherwise fictional content and scenarios, but it is the user's responsibility to clearly separate your IC and OOC content and intentions if you don't want to be misunderstood. Don't use your characters to be a dick, and vice versa - don't use this rule to report-troll another user for writing about their character pirating anime.
Toyhou.se provides the following content filters for categorisation of artwork:
- Nudity: Any depiction of bare genitalia on humanoid figures, with the inclusion of visible labia or penis sheaths. This does not include nipples or bare butts.
- Mild Sexual Content: Content that implies sexual activity, including but not limited to clothed but visible sexual arousement, fetish content or presence of toys or props designed for sexual use. This also includes depictions of nipples, genitalia, or buttocks (clothed or bare) where they are the primary focus of the image, disproportionately detailed compared to the rest of the image, or are being fondled or otherwise interacted with in a way to bring attention to them.
- Explicit Sexual Content: Explicit depictions of sex or masturbation, including any explicit depiction of sexually aroused genitalia.
- Gore: Explicit gore, body horror, exposed internal organs.
We also provide a filtering option for Sensitive Content. This is an unmoderated filter which is used according to user preferences in cases where they would prefer for the thumbnail to not show up immediately in their character's gallery, or would otherwise like to provide a warning for their viewers. For some users this may include images with nipples, for others this may be substance abuse or self harm, etc. Images containing Sensitive Content will always be hidden behind a tag regardless of the viewer's filter settings.
Submission of material containing Explicit Sexual Content without being appropriately flagged (in the case of images) or containing a warning in the title (in the case of forum threads or bulletins) may result in your content being moderated or removed by site staff. Repetitive and intentional submission of unflagged material containing Explicit Sexual Content will result in warnings or account bans depending on severity and intent. Please be considerate of the users around you.
Material containing Nudity, Mild Sexual Content or Gore without an appropriate flag may have flags added for you by site staff without prior warning.
In accordance with Australian Child Pornography Laws: Neither Mild Sexual Content nor Explicit Sexual Content should be submitted with characters who are under 18 years of age (or equivalent age of maturity in non-human species), or who are either explicitly or implicitly described to be under 18 years of age in appearance. This restriction also applies to Gore when presented in a pornographic or sexually gratuitous manner.
We encourage users to label publically listed characters or threads with visible content warnings if the content contains slurs or potentially offensive or triggering content. This is not a rule that will lead to disciplinary action (so don't worry about getting banned or warned for it), it's just a note that administrators may elect to add content warnings to your characters or threads where we feel that it's necessary to protect other users.
Some content which may require content warnings:
- Usage of slurs
- References to, or discussion of self-harm, eating disorders, suicide
- References to, or discussion of sexual violence, domestic violence, child abuse
- In character racism, sexism, transphobia, homophobia, or other bigotry (we still don't tolerate this in an out of character capacity)
Any changes made to your characters or forum posts will always be accompanied by a PM from an administrator just to keep you informed. Repeatedly and consciously removing content warnings added by administrators may lead to Listing privileges being permanently revoked (in the case of characters), or a temporary or permanent suspension from the site (in the case of forum threads or posts).
We do not allow uploading of art, images or designs that you do not have ownership of or permission to redistribute. Unauthorized reproduction of other peoples' intellectual property will result in removal of all relevant content. Repeat offenses will lead to temporary or permanent suspension.
When using stock photography or tools such as doll or character makers, please remember to credit the source appropriately otherwise we will have to remove the content.
Intentional, repeated attempts to profit from unauthorized use of other peoples' intellectual property will result in immediate permanent suspension.
Do not sell things that you do not own or have permission to sell.
When reporting scamming we require the following in your initial ticket:
- At least one piece of ON SITE EVIDENCE (e.g. TH PMs or forum posts) or PUBLIC EVIDENCE (e.g. links to deviantArt comments or public tweets that have not yet been deleted) that the transaction took place between the users in question. Screenshots of private correspondences cannot be accepted as primary evidence as they may be doctored.
- Screenshots can be used for matching supplementary evidence - in particular, a screenshot of the Paypal receipt may be required in the case that cash payment was involved.
If we find there is sufficient evidence that an transaction took place and wasn't honoured by a party, we can do our best to fulfill it to the best of our abilities on the TH side of business (that is, banning accounts, moving or deleting characters/artwork, etc.), but please note that we do not have the ability to force a user to pay or refund you.
If you wish for a design or piece of art to be confiscated from a person who has already paid for it (for example, in the case of a retroactive blacklisting), please first ensure that your TOS specifically stated at the time of purchase that you retain ownership of the artwork and design upon sale.
Given a report of scamming, chargebacks, or failure to pay for services rendered, we will give a user 72 hours to respond to the initial query for explanation or evidence of ownership. If this isn't responded to, the account will be provisionally suspended until the matter is resolved.
Spamming and Flooding
Flooding is defined as taking up large portions of public site space while contributing no substantial content and is prohibited. While you can do as you like within semi-private areas, such as on your profile or on the profiles of your friends (with permission), please show consideration to other users when conducting yourself in a public area.
Spamming or flooding may lead to removal of the reported material and temporary or permanent suspension of your account depending on severity.
Ban or Block Circumvention
Creating new accounts in order to circumvent site bans may result in immediate permanent suspension of all your accounts and may lead to a permanent IP ban.
Creating new accounts and using those accounts to communicate with, deal with, violate the terms of, or otherwise interact with a user who has blocked you, blacklisted you, or otherwise requested you to discontinue interacting with them, may result in immediate and permanent suspension of all your accounts. This includes but is not limited to: using new accounts to PM users or post in the threads of users who have blocked you, or using new accounts in order to participate in events or sales from users who have blacklisted or excluded you in some form from the event.
After reporting a user for behaviour related reasons do not continue to engage or bait them for responses.
Public blacklisting is allowed strictly for the sake of protecting artists, customers, and everyone's respective business, but please do not start witch hunts. Informing and warning the community of negative business experiences is fine. Encouraging other users to harass or otherwise approach someone on your behalf is strictly prohibited.
Please keep in mind that hateful and insulting comments are not allowed. Keep any necessary blacklists or PSAs professional and respectful.
With consideration to the above rules, avatars may not contain Nudity, Mild Sexual Content, Explicit Sexual Content, content that the user does not have permission to use, or break any other rule on the site.
While parody or satirical characters will not be strictly moderated, they are considered substanceless content and therefore may constitute spamming or flooding when submitted in large quantities or when used to disrupt public spaces for extended periods of time.
Accounts that contain nothing but (or otherwise an unreasonably large quantity or ratio of) parody or satirical characters set to Listed will have their Listing privileges permanently revoked. Hateful, insulting or belittling satire, particularly of real persons, groups, or other users or on-site characters, may be subject to removal followed by temporary or permanent suspension depending on severity. It's fine to have fun, just don't be tasteless about it.
Please ensure, as usual, that you are either using free to use images for your characters or that you have written permission to use the images. Failure to provide sources for your images or evidence that you are allowed to use them may result in all images being taken down.