Týrling Aeducan was born the middle son of King Endrin Aeducan of Orzammar. Unlike his older brother Trian and his younger brother Bhelen, Týrling never thought much about politics or nobility or one day ruling the Dwarven Empire.
When Bhelen killed Trian and framed Týrling for the act, Týrling was stunned. He'd known Bhelen (like most of Orzammar's nobility) was not to be trusted, but he'd foolishly believed his brother would simply claim the throne with Týrling's support when the time came. Tossed into the Deep Roads for the crime he did not commit, Týrling took the opportunity to become a Grey Warden as it was presented. In his mind, it only delayed the inevitable - one day, no matter what happened, he would return to the Deep Roads and die while killing as many Darkspawn as possible.
The year after his exile was a whirlwind of a shitstorm. He'd never wanted to lead, never believed he was capable enough or smart enough to do so, and yet he still found himself responsible for leading a ragtag crew of outcasts to stop a Blight and save the sodding world.
- Urn of Sacred AshesPinch Taken
- Orzammar KingBhelen
- Anvil of VoidDestroyed
- Ruler of FereldenAlistair & Anora
- Dark RitualYes
- OtherRecruited Loghain
- Týrling is fascinated with surface plant life and the vast abundance of it. Leliana noticed he was constantly picking up various leaves and clippings and taught him how to press them. He used to use books picked up in ruins for this purpose, but now that he's (mostly) settled down he has a collection of books just for his specimens. Zevran continues to indulge his fascination by bringing him samples from throughout Thedas.
- He was never really into surface food when he lived in Orzammar, so when highly coveted fruits were served, he often snuck away his portion in his pockets and took it to Gorim because it made him so happy. As a result, he hadn't tried very many fruit or vegetables before his exile. Zevran took great delight in sitting him down and feeding him fruit to figure out his favorite.
- In spite of being a warrior and reaver, Týrling discovered he cannot take the pain of needles when Zevran pierced his ear so he could wear the earring Zevran gave him as a gift. Týrling fainted straight away. Because of this they both decided not to attempt tattooing, even though Týrling wanted one. Zevran teases him over it heartily.