Guardy's secondary account for adopts (including for forum games) and utilities and things like that. If you don't get a reaction here, please do ping my main or send me a DM over there!
I occasionally 'upcycle' characters I get in games by drawing more art for them and generally cleaning them up a lil and chucking 'em back into circulation if I can get them to look nice and shiny enough; that's not a statement on the quality of your characters - I'm just a big sappy sap who wants to see as many characters as possible permanently homed and loved, especially those that have been making the trading rounds for a while. I generally only keep characters that I either really love, or don't feel comfortable trading away due to unclear origins, dubious legitimacy, or a design that I couldn't get polished up enough to feel like they're ready to find a permanent home just yet.
You can offer on anything in the UFT/UFS folder; you can TRY with the permas, but it almost certainly won't work. Please don't offer on anything tagged "no trade"; those I either can't give away, or won't give away.
I don't officially do commissions, but - assuming I'm not too busy - can probably be bribed into doing art or creating customs for you with neat characters (or the Mocchi-currency suryens, if you're in that community).
- Don't sell my adopts for more than you got them, unless you bought (BOUGHT, not were gifted) additional art for them. Your own art counts, but be reasonable, okay?
- For Ye Writerly Folks: A very well developed character you put tons of time and effort into is valid grounds for asking higher prices, even if it's words and not images. Again, though, be reasonable - I'm talking fully-formulated profiles (or actual literature pieces), here, and a fully fleshed-out personality and backstory.
- Credit is appreciated where convenient (so, basically on TH and in the description of your main character reference; everywhere else is optional)
- You can re-design them, scrap their bio, change their name if they have one, give them additional forms, change gender, body-type or species and basically do whatever the heck you want with them.
- You can also use them in your personal projects. Roleplays, webcomics, stories... whatever. As long as it's law-compliant and doesn't promote discrimination, it's cool.
- If a project using my adopts ends up published professionally, a lil' mention somewhere (and if it's only "thanks @ Guardy / UnheimLich 4 character inspiration") would be A+ (especially if it's something art-based like a webcomic), but not absolutely necessary.
- I reserve the right to post the art I did of the adopts while they were in my possession to various social media websites, potentially without a link to TH at all.
- I often put my art on my tumblr, and I generally don't like to link in tumblr descriptions unless I have to (partially because tumblr likes to break links occasionally) - if it's both my art and my design, I see no reason to.
- If I draw stuff for you, that stuff is yours, and you can upload it wherever you like, as long as you don't make money off of it.
- You're even allowed to make minor edits to it, for example cropping it or slapping a border or some font on there to use as an avatar or forum signature, as long as you still acknowledge that I drew the thing you edited - so don't trace my art to cheat in contests or whatever.
- As long as I still get credit for the outlines/sketch, you're also allowed to outline/color/etc any sketch or lineart commissions/gifts you got from me.
- I obviously highly encourage giving credit and linking back to any of my profiles, but if you use that picture somewhere where giving credit is very difficult, I won't be mad if you don't. Just don't be a jerk about it, okay?
- If you upload to Toyhouse, please link back to my TH account; otherwise I'd prefer tumblr, but any will do in a pinch.
- (Also, please try to ensure that nobody steals the art from you, because that would be plain embarrassing for everyone involved)