This is my adopt catalogue and OC display
Here are my other social media
Do not offer on sonas folder or characters with a ★ on their names, those are faves and forever homed
Do Not Repost My Art Or Claim It Or My Desings As Yours Please
Faux Sphinxes are magical, deceptive creatures that physically resemble
Sphinxes but that’s the end of all similarities
(they aren't called “false” for nothing)
There is a free MYO event going on now!!
This is Cordite, the Species Mascot! Click to see their profile
Note : Following this lore (entirely or not) its optional, Finxes can be put into any world and setting
You only need to respect the concept of the species, their biology and the rarity of the traits!
Some centuries ago, a demon managed to escape from Hell looking for a more peaceful life on the other side.
They were a stunning creature who had traits from all terrestrial mammals from Earth, but blended in an elegant and exquisite way, with intricate and cryptic drawings and sigils all over their body, and their fur sparkling softly as if it was covered in fairy dust. A quite powerful being who possessed an unknown set of magical abilities , and was once a high rank demon and appreciated soldier, but they eventually got tired of that and was getting degraded until they couldn’t stand it anymore.
So they left.
It was a long and difficult journey, and when they finally managed to get out, the exhausted and hurt creature fainted in some unknown place.
Some time later they were found by some people who lived in a small town nearby, and rather that fear them, they were fascinated by the creature’s majestic presence, and treated them like some kind of divine being who was sent to protect the place. So everyone ended taking care of them until they got better.
Surprised and pleased with the humans' behavior, and knowing they made the right choice, the creature decided to stay in that place and returned the favor protecting the town and their inhabitants.
They ended blending easily with the humans, despite looking so different from them
The creature lived the peaceful live of their dreams, fell in love with humans and had descendants with countless of them.
Those children were what now people know as “Faux Sphinxes”, or Finxes, mysterious creatures who had human features of all kind and the animal and magical features from their chimerical demon parent.
This is just a legend Finxes have been telling every time someone asks about their origins (being passed from parents to their children), since nobody ever found that place, nor anyone from there, and there’s also no evidence of the creature’s existence, not even a name
Finxes just refer to them as “The Great Old One”
In the matter of the legitimacy of their legend, they say that their only existance is proof of that
[Some also justify it by saying that the incredibly huge variety of sigils found on their bodies come directly from The Great Old One, and every Finx inherited the ones which fits the most to their own being]
However, even though their exact origin remains a mystery, what we truly know is that Finxes do have a demonic origin, probably due to one or several demons which crossbred with humans enough to form, with the pass of the time, a species on their own here in the surface
Nowadays Finxes live in all kind of places around the globe (the general preferences are more or less isolated places like forests or deserts)
Since they can transform into humans for a while, several Finxes like to live in society with them, but curiosly the majority prefers roaming on their own or living with others of their kind (in couples of friends/lovers or smalls groups)
Theese wandering Finxes usually just make contact with humans and other creatures when they are bored or want something (which is most of the time)
Even though they are widly accepted when living among humans, more "wild" Finxes are usually hunted down for their precious fur, cloth, and specially to extract their Third Eye, very appreciated as magic enhancer amulets, lucky charms or even ingredients in potions/rituals
Finxes are pretty chill creatures in general, but due to their demonic origin they have a innate thing for pestering and pranking the rest of living beings, and like 99% of them are guilty of at least one of the Seven Deadly Sins (Sloth is the big favourite)
Their trademark prank as species in general consist in ; since most people mistake them for real sphinxes, they deceive them by making them think they are hoarding a great treasure , and try to convince them to do all kind of absurd things and quests to obtain the prize so, once they feel like it, they lead the exhausted human to were The Nice Treasure is….
to finally reward them with just a big pile of garbage, made of whatever junk you can think of, the nastier the better.
At this point the Finx just explodes in laughter in the face of the poor person who, next time, will learn to tell apart a Faux Sphinx from a real one.
What makes a Faux Sphinx a Faux Sphinx
✦ Faux Sphinxes have 3 forms : feral, semi-anthro and human
✦They all have a set of 3 magical powers by default:
-Illusion magic (to decieve)
-Telekinesis to manipulate objects in feral form (can't manipulate more than three at once in most cases)
-and Hypnosis which let them take control of a person like a puppet at their will for a certain period of time
✦They can be any mix of terrestrial mammals and always come in a mix of 2 at least (in common ones, more increases rarity)
and the head, chest and shoulders are always human
✦All of them posses a Third eye, which is the source of their magical power
It can be found anywhere on their body and its always unnaturally colored which contrast with their body palette
It can have any shape, but need to be clear that its an eye
(the pupil need to match with their normal eyes, with rare exceptions)
✦Mysterious Sigils of all kinds are always present on their bodies, and can glow when using magic
They are placed above their natural markings (if they have them) all over the body or in a few areas, but need to be clearly visible
Sigils are unnaturally colored the same way as Third eye above (and can be multicolored)
✦Finxes always wear a distinctive piece of cloth that is very precious to them
It’s made from an unknown kind of fabric and rumors say it has magic properties
They also wear it in a big variety of styles
- They are vegetarian, herbivores and frugivores, since most of them can’t digest meat (with some rare exceptions, which have distinctive sharp teeth)
- Due to their nature, is believed that seeing a Finx around it’s a symbol for bad times or that having an encounter with one will bring bad luck are common superstitions
- The natural markings that can be present on their animal bodies are optional (but the sigils needs to be there)
- Telekinesis only works on inanimate objects
- Some rare cases can have other magic powers
- Third Eye is ALWAYS open. If it blinks it means the Finx are close to dying, and if its closed the Finx is 100% dead
- Love bad jokes
- Very fond of adorn themselves with jewellery, natural decoration (like plants and insects), accesories they found
or stealand make up
- Can be any gender (they don't care too much about that, is not relevant in their society)
- No feathery wings, only bat ones in very rare cases.
- Can have animal ears/horns if desired. A chest tuft is also optional
- They also come in a variety of sizes
- Their legend says that the Great Old One made their mysterious clothes as a sign of gratitude and protection amulets for the humans, and all of their children are born with the hability to make them
- If they lost the cloth or its destroyed, they will become incredibly anxious until they can repair it or make a new one (but the loss of the original will always lurk in the depths of their minds….)
- Cloth cannot be a solid color, it always needs to have a simple pattern at least
- When a Finx is expecting a baby, they and their Finx partner will began to make the piece of cloth that their child will wear during all their life, and finish them before birth. Once the baby is born, they use the cloth to cover and carry them until they can walk
Note : Only Finxes know how to make this special cloth. If the Finx partner it’s another species, they will make the cloth alone.
“Crossbreeds” do not exist on Finxes, and crossbreeding cannot be possible (but there are incredibly few exceptions)
That is because all of a Finx’ genes are linked, meaning that they will always be inherited together
Therefore they cannot “blend” with the partner’s genes while reproducing, so their offspring will always be at least one Finx, and the rest will look like the partner’s specie
Also since their genetic info is a big mess, it's very uncommon that children have any physical similarities with Finx parent(s) at all
Finxes cannot die of old age, but can be killed
When born their human part does have the appearance of a 3-4 year old child
They reach maturity both physical and mental at the age of 6 aprox. Their human parts already look like a very young adult. From there they stop growing and start aging slower (Ex.: A 60 y.o Finx will have the appearance of a 20-25 y.o human)
- Natural colors (for humans) on human parts
- Heterochromia, no pupils or no iris
- Natural body colors with random animal markings (ex: you can have a dog-goat Finx with zebra markings)
- Hybrid: Canine/Feline/Vulpine/Bovine/Equine/Ovine/Caprine/Porcine/Ursidae body (pick 2)
- Third eye anywhere on human parts (head/chest/shoulders)
- Basic magic : Illusion, telekinesis and hypnosis, can maintain human form up to 1 week
- Unnatural body colors
- Unnatural eye color and animal pupils that match the body (ex: rectangular if your Finx as equine or caprine attributes)
- Horns that match the body (can’t be present on mammals without horns, unless Mix or rarer)
- Mix : body with traits of 3 mammals (horns included, ex : a wolf-cat Finx with moose horns it’s considered a Mix)
- Dwarf : Finxes who have a pretty small mammal body, such as domestic cats, some dog breeds, rabbits, mustelidae, rodents, etc
- Third Eye can be anywhere on body
- Stronger magic: Hypnosis works for a bigger period of time, can maintain human form up to 1 month and manipulate more objects at once (but less than 10)
- Unnatural colors on human parts
- Void eyes (no iris and pupil, doesnt affect Third Eye)
- Sparkly fur
- Carnivore (larger and sharper set of theeth)
- Random odd shaped pupils (animal and geometric)
- Random horns (no bigger than half of the body tho)
- [The rest of mammals which I didn’t mention before] body with the exception of bats
- Chimera : traits from 4 mammals
- Extra magic : Up to 1 year human form and extra magic ability like floating or breathing fire, whatever
Super rare and Mutations (only available through adopts/auctions/events)
Several of these traits derive directly from their demon ancestors, so only a few of the firsts-generation Finxes have them
- Albinism and Chimerism on human parts
- Extra eyes anywhere
- Extra body parts (head, limbs, tail)
- Unicorn/More than two horns
- Bat wings (like arms)
- Identical Twins
- Great magical power and various abilities
- Inorganic growths or things coming out of/stuck on body like metal or chrystals (with the exception of prosthetics)
- Demonic Possession (Finx can “ghostify” themselves to enter and can claim a person's body as theirs)
- “Monster” body appearance
- Great Chimera : traits from 5 mammals or more (then its called a Cluster)
- Crossbreed features (one in a million)