- A bit of an older update, but you can now delete your own comments even if they're placed on another user's profile as long as there are no replies currently attached.
- Accessing an inaccessible user, or trying to contact an un-contactable user will now be a bit more descriptive.
- When accessing a hidden user's profile, you will now be told if you have been blocked, if you share an IP address with an IP blocked user, if they have mature block turned on, if they have quiet mode turned on, or if the account is closed.
- Hidden forum posts in the forum games section now also explain why they've been hidden.
- Users in quiet mode can no longer contact users who can't contact them back.
- Receiving an error when updating or posting a character or message should now restore your text back into your text box when redirected backwards.
- Fixed a display bug with tooltips which took an embarrassingly long time to figure out. Tooltips should no longer teleport to the top of the page on specific profile layouts, and the arrows have been returned to their rightful position.
For noting down quick updates & bug fixes! Please do subscribe if you'd like to stay up to date with site status and progress.
Since it's a more common request than I thought, you can now change your birthday freely via your Account Settings as long as your profile is currently listed as being above the age of 18.
For safety reasons, users listed with an age under 18 won't be permitted to change their date of birth, to prevent underage users from changing their age to gain access to adult content.
- Added a pages feature to worlds - you can now make pages to store additional information on.
- You can no longer simultaneously list a character as both free and for sale in the trade listings.
- Character who've been listed up for trade will have their trade listing status displayed on their profile too now.
- Tab updates:
- You can now sort character tabs on the character's Tabs page.
- Character image counts now include all of their tab image counts. Any characters with the old image count will not update automatically - to reset a character's image count, please move an image from one tab to another.
- Sub-gallery tab type added - these show up underneath the gallery of another tab. Since we're still in the process of debugging, please do file a ticket if you run into any bugs or problems with it.
- Legacy layouts:
- You can now disable viewing legacy layouts in your Display Settings.
- Accounts made from today onwards will not have access to the legacy layout setting. It's pretty broken at this stage anyway.
- You can now sort your favourites with folders - you can create and sort folders under your Account Settings and sort them via the Favorites Management page.
- You can now make nesting comment thread-style forums in Worlds. I just really like threads.
- We've cleaned up all the reported subgallery bugs so far and are currently going through suggestions & feedback, so if you're still experiencing any buggy behaviours please do report it and we'll look into it right away.
- If you still have broken thumbnails in your gallery from moving an image to a subgallery, please try moving the images in question back to their original tab and back into the subgallery to retrieve the old thumbnails.
- You can now customise your World's front page by dragging and dropping profile blocks on Manage World page. Available widgets are:
- Recent forum posts
- Recent bulletin
- Recent comments
- Recent characters
- Added two sub-forums:
- Art Trades under Creative
- Character Swaps under Characters & RP (for character giveaways, or gifting games)
- Added a direct link to your characters page under the account drop down menu at the top right hand side of the page. I'll probably change this to a mega dropdown soon, it's getting crowded...
- Premium users can now access a multi-image upload page under character sub-menus. This feature may have to be taken down periodically for maintenance until we have any performance issues sorted out.
- Added some extra profile blocks for premium users - you can now show recent art, literature, favorites, and worlds on your profile page
- Put up a feedback thread in the Suggestions forum for a change in rules for fandom/kin characters, please do drop in if you have any thoughts on the topic: https://toyhou.se/~forums/14.suggestions-bugs/96304.fandom-kins-rules-update-feedback-box
- You can now delete keys from deleted characters
- Fixed an issue where the image manager and favorites manager wouldn't update correctly
- Legacy profiles no longer break on page load, though if you're still using Legacy mode I would recommend moving off when you can
Have quite an awkwardly small update which isn't really an announcement but still important enough to put somewhere so I guess I'll put it here (?) --
- Internal timezones for the site have been changed; if I did this correctly, there should be no visible changes.
- Bans system has been recoded to prepare for a help desk recode; again, if I did this correctly, there should be no visible changes.
Some backend maintenance updates have been made across the following features to prepare for an infrastructure upgrade:
More maintenance has been done for the following areas:
- User profiles
Thanks all and have a great weekend~ 🙇
Have pushed another general maintenance code update; again, shouldn't be any visible changes but please do let us know via the HelpDesk if you run into any strange or unexpected behaviour. Areas touched include groups, forums, characters, and messages.
We've additionally upgraded from Fontawesome 6.0.0-beta to 6.0.0 -- if the new changes aren't reflecting for you, please try a hard refresh or clearing your browser cache.
Thanks all!! Hope we're all having a great weekend.
Font Awesome has been upgraded from 6.0.0 to 6.1.1 -- if you're still stuck on 6.0.0 please try clearing your browser cache!
Maintenance for this evening touches the following areas (performance & infrastructure improvements, so there shouldn't be any observable change in functionality):
- Character sorter
- Character mass manager
- Character tagger
- Design manager
- Character blocks
- Favorite folders & favorite management
Again, let us know via the HelpDesk if you run into any buggy or unexpected behaviour. Thanks as always!
This may affect front-end dynamic elements (carousels, accordions, tabs, etc), so if you notice custom profile code isn't acting as expected, this is not an intentional change -- please do report it and I'll see if I can put out a fix on our end!
Thanks all for your patience; hope everyone's had a lovely weekend.
Changing your password will now log out all other devices that are currently logged into your account. If you have any reason to think your account may be compromised (eg. you've forgotten to log off on a public computer), please do make use of this to invalidate unwanted logins.
To make this possible we had to restructure our login system a little, I don't anticipate there being any problems but please do let me know if you run into any strange behaviour around logging in or out to the site!
Have just pushed out another package upgrade!
I'm currently setting up for 2-fac; this needs some (more) back-end changes to our login/registration system which will be rolled out over the next few days so please do let me know via the HelpDesk if you run into any strange behaviours. I don't anticipate there being any issues but apologies in advance for any turbulence!
Have now pushed two-factor authentication for anyone interested -- you should now be able to check the Security & Access page under your account settings to set up 2FA (if this page isn't showing up for you, please try hard refreshing). Just let me know if anything looks wonky, if this isn't behaving as expected, or if you have any feedback or suggestions regarding the feature ^^