EMERALD 'EMMY' MARKOV
Rayquaza is real and she lives next door and can't correctly portion spaghetti
3000 years ago, Emmy was the young head of the Draconids, with Rayquaza as her really big dog. But then a whole bunch of nonsense happened, she died, and then she WAS Rayquaza. It didn't make much sense, but she decided to go with it anyways.
Being that she is essentially immortal, Emmy has been through a whole lot. Religious conflict, wars, national changes, making fun of the neighborhood rich twink, flirting with cute girls, she's it all. But through everything, she never really settled down in one place, and preferred going with the wind - or just sleeping for hundreds of years straight.
Then, a long and confusing series of events involving a meteor eventually resulted in Emmy finding a long term relationship with Renee. Though originally unsure about staying, Emmy soon found herself in a place where she felt comfortable and happy; it wasn't long after that the two of them got married.
Sometime shortly after the Galactic incident, a vague gift from Arceus eventually resulted in the birth of her daughter, Pearl. Since then, Emmy has mostly been a stay at home mom, and she's quite content with that.
Emmy is satisfied with her life, and couldn't be more grateful for where she's ended up.
Emmy is 6'6", with a muscular build - though it's mostly obscured by her hoodie. She has dark green hair in an undercut style, and it does like... a fwoosh thing. She has the staple red Draconid eyes, as well as slightly pointier canines. He has quite a bit of scarring on her body, though it's often unseen.
She almost always wears a dark green hoodie, steel-toed combat boots, and old jeans; to the point where she'll wear it in inappropriate weather conditions as a running gag. Her only other real outfit are her pajamas, which are really just whatever old t-shirt she could find and boxers.
While her image in the past been rather tough, Emmy's always been a big softie. She's always valued her family more than all else, and cares about those she loves more than anything in the world. While she's always been like this, it is true that she's a lot more openly soft nowadays.
Which isn't to say she isn't tough, which would be a bold-faced lie. There's a reason she's been around this long, and it's due in part to a no-nonsense attitude when it comes to conflict and incidents. She has the knowledge and ability to deal with problems swiftly and efficiently, before they become too out of control.
She's also a huge sap. If she gets started talking about things she loves about Renee, she just... won't stop. She's quite the romantic, but makes it a bit less obvious these days so her daughter doesn't call her out for being Sappy On Main.
In the past, Emmy struggled with finding ways to cope with immortality that resulted in being rather snappy, but she feels like she's in a place where that's behind her now, and she's glad she is.
She feels a lot of deep regrets over her past actions, and even if she used to loathe the idea, she's been trying her best to make amends when needed.
im DEFINITELY not writing emmys entire backstory right now. thats something for when i know how to write
Emissary of Rayquaza:
- Manipulation of wind and air:
- She can make it do whatever she wants. That's the best way to describe it, man.
- Guardian of Hoenn:
- For thousands of years, Emmy has been a guardian of Hoenn and basically made sure everything didn't go to shit, which tends to involve obliterating a meteor every 1000 years, as well as stopping religious groups from kicking each other; though she's not as good at preventing the latter, because Hoenn is filled with drama queens who don't listen to a god.
- Peacekeeper of other legends:
- Since Emmy has survived the longest, Arceus basically just told her to make sure the rest of the legends don't beat each other up, which happens a lot because this is the pokemon world. This essentially boils down to putting the said legend in the metaphorical timeout corner.
- Mega evolution:
- While in the form of Rayquaza, she can mega evolve with the help of a keystone holder, which she thinks is just inconvenient. She can't activate a keystone herself (she's tried).
- Look she can turn into a dragon dude she's just really fucking strong. Her powers are close to Arceus themselves.
- Conditional immortality:
- Emmy, like all other legends, stopped aging physically at age 21, and cannot die from old age, though she can be killed. But like, good luck with that.
- Emmy is very charismatic, and prefers to talk her way out of situations rather than use physical force. Though she used this a lot more back during conflicts to get her way, it still proves useful when trying to get your daughter out of trouble for wrestling wild zigzagoon, apparently.
- She's also incredibly good at flirting. Like, really good.
- Emmy is old. Like, really old. And with age comes a whole lot of stuff... she considers being alive so long to be a skill, anyways.
- Emmy is completely fluent in... pretty much every language spoken. It took her a while, but she did it.
- She's a walking archive of Draconid history, considering she's... literally Rayquaza. While the Draconid language is almost dead and lots of Draconid legends are almost lost, Emmy keeps what's been long forgotten with her.
-If she sees someone having trouble, she'll try to help them out, even if it's a stranger.
-She texts like an awkward dad and easily gets mixed up on memes Pearl tries to show her.
-She's almost mastered the skill of changing the topic at the speed of light when her past is brought up... almost.
-When met with someone she knew in the past who recognizes her, she'll always respond with "...maybe?" when they ask if she's the same Emmy.
-She keeps a calendar of past friend's birthdays, and remembers to visit their graves to give them flowers.
-Up until she got married, Emmy didn't have a last name, as ancient Draconids didn't have them, and she didn't choose to use the modern lorekeeper line's last name. If she were to use it, her last name would be Higan, like Orchid.
Code Credit Back to Top