(Singular: Astrifer) Meaning: Star carrier
What are Astriferi?
- Crystal humanoids containing stardust.
- Born in space, spontaneously in the middle of stars, but usually settle on nearby planets as stars are literally burning balls of hydrogen and helium , and floating around space for millennia would get boring af.
- Planets they settle on aren't necessarily the nearest to their birth star; they make use of wormholes to travel across the universe.
- Individuals born from the same star form close-knit communities.
- Average lifespan >3000 years (A 700 year old Astrifer is roughly the equivalent of a 15 year old human).
- Have no concept of gender, however individuals they settle on planets where gender is a cultural thing may refer to themselves as male/female/any cultural gender. Or not.
- Pacifist in nature; violent individuals are shunned by society.
- Highly intelligent and advanced in technology.
Basic info and anatomy
- Hard glassy crystal-like bodies with opaque parts. Bodies are completely hollow and filled with stardust in any number of colours depending on rarity.
- Average height 4' to 6'.
- No sexual organs as they don't reproduce.
- Range of skintones possible; white to dark grey, or any desaturated colour from light to dark.
- Can withstand impossibly extreme temperatures .
- Glowy *~aesthetic~* headwings.
- Float on either side of the head.
- Collect solar energy; rarer types of headwings have black areas which absorb/convert energy more efficiently.
- Mutants who lack headwings cannot leave the centre of the star they were born in.
- Don't eat; live off solar energy collected via their headwings.
More examples of Astriferi
Astriferi are a closed species by me; you may not make your own without a valid MYO slot.