Zagan is the highly-keen and highly-manipulative Director of Internal Affairs for Hell, and wears his job title with pride. He comes off as personable, friendly, and caring, and indeed Zagan is genuinely these things - but he is determined to hold the status quo firm, and will throw anyone under the bus to achieve that goal.
Like all Ants, he is highly selfless and self-sacrificial, putting the needs of the colony over his own. Zagan has chosen to interpret the colony's needs as a press for the current state of affairs; with the war at a stalemate, and the managers firm in their positions, immobile. He wouldn't admit it, but he is intensely afraid of change and what it may beget.
While Satan is the true leader, and Allocer is the second-in-command, Zagan is the head that people go to when they are upset or distressed. As such, he's learned the truth about Lucifer's presence and has done his best to care for those harmed by him.
Currently, he is "assisting" Mammon's coup - not out of belief that Mammon will make a great leader, but understanding that the win is inevitable and he needs to be there to temper Mammon.
Occupation Director of Internal Affairs
Affiliation Colony Leadership
Primary ThemeMagic Spells
- Favorite colors are pink and dark violets
- Likes eating stews and soups
- Strongest sense is hearing; strongest taste is savory
- Needs to take several pain medications daily due to chronic pain caused by his height, which is well outside of even gyne heights
- Embarrassed by it, but plays it off like he isn't
- Legitimately barely feels anything most days because of the medications
- Also takes several medications for insomnia
- Pushed Chomie into pursuing housekeeping
- Works as a defensive line near gyne rooms during raids
- Loves doing paperwork, organizing, and sorting things
- If he's upset about something, he'll start sorting the contents of the room - it's one of his few tells for negative emotions
- Binges television when he's off work
- Deeply respects Satan, but is well aware of the others' shortcomings and hates that it's costing him his status quo
- Legitimately thinks Mammon would be an awful ruler if he and Allocer didn't step in to guide him towards keeping the colony on the right track
- Enjoys the feeling of having people dependent on him, especially wholly and utterly