Valentine's bio has mildly NSFW and dark content.
Design notes page (for commissions, art, etc.)
Icon and profile image by _rvrie
Valentine Adelaide (full name Valentine Vivien Adelaide) is a 26 year old Hitman for the Lammergeier Syndicate. He's a man who crossdresses, and identifies as male despite appearances. His attire of choice most often is a Victorian-era styled maid dress. As with the rest of the syndicate, he wears black leather gloves. His weapon of choice is a katana (named Julia) due to his lack of depth perception and a preference for blades. His syndicate alias is "Black Widow".
Personality wise, Valentine can be best described as unhinged and flirty, yet carefree. He says he doesn't care what people think of him, so he'll openly lay anything he's thinking of on the table and not stress over judgement. Speaking his mind with little filter is just how he operates. He often uses flirting as a weird way to communicate and doesn't always mean what he actually says. He's just trying to be friendly. People who are around him long enough know to just brush him off. Despite those oddities, he's a social butterfly and gets along with most everyone he talks to, so long as they don't judge him for who he is. He likes people (mostly), he likes having fun with them. But if they push his buttons, he's easily "bratty" and short-tempered with a low tolerance level. Even though he seems to be a little airheaded sometimes, he's sharp as a tack and is an expert at analyzing people-- one of his assets as a hitman. He'll pick up on things that not even the smartest around him (Boss, usually) notice and use it as an advantage.
Though true that he's a full-time crossdresser as a personal fashion choice and for comfort, he also uses it to feed his own perversions. Valentine especially likes the attention he gets from it... But only of the positive variety. He hates the feeling of wearing mens' clothing and pants, only wearing them when absolutely necessary for a hit. Besides them being tight and constricting to him, he remarks that it "doesn't feel like Valentine". He's been this way since he was a child, even if he couldn't actively dress how he wanted full-time until later. He's still very traditionally masculine in other aspects despite appearances (like a deep voice and frat-boy behavioral tendencies).
He has a serious penchant for one of his bosses in particular, Aurelio. He calls him Boss, along with other nicknames. Valentine is often seen around him, clinging to his arm with a wide smile across his face. They both have a long history together, with Valentine initially being hired as his apprentice. He wishes a lot of romantic and sexual things with him, but is pushed away due to their work relationship and other factors. The two are together enough to have him be considered as Aurelio's bodyguard, especially on occasions where he needs his protection. As much as he's rejected, he says Aurelio is the only man he'll ever truly love. But he's just happy to be with him regardless as his best friend and apprentice, as much as it frustrates him. Even just a brief description of their relationship scratches the surface of his "deep feelings" for Aurelio... Which is something he'd say and call romantic. They have an inseparable bond and are rarely seen individually. He's just a little obsessed with him... Just a little.
He doesn't have a right eye, the area covered with a patch. Incessant toying and prodding objects into the remaining socket is something he mindlessly does as a bad habit and does to scare others, though it's also a fetish of his. Due to assorted things being pushed too far in, the result has been brain damage to his frontal and temporal lobes. Though, he could care less about that part, even if it makes his mental health issues worse. If you ask him how he lost it, he avoids the question with a blunt answer. (It's a very sore subject.) He's more prone to migraines for various reasons, and when they happen they tend to be disabling.
Valentine has psychosis and shows signs of other unknown mental illnesses, often not understanding his own mortality, and at times reality itself. He'll have bouts of aggression where he's bitey and irritable, but they're erratic and not long-lived. He has a short temper with a few things that will instantly make him fly off the handle. And other times, he'll detach himself from the ability to feel emotions, seemingly catatonic and not receptive to even the things he loves. He occasionally has delusions, more often semi-realistic than not. He isn't a person that regularly feels afraid of anything, but in those moments even Boss can scare him from paranoia. In the midst of an episode he won't be "aware" of the unusual things he's saying or doing, and will have a foggy memory of it once it ends. He refuses to see a doctor or get medicated for it, having bad experiences with medication in the past. He remains undiagnosed for anything else. He can't feel much in terms of empathy besides when its directed at Aurelio. Because of this, at times he doesn't understand what he's doing wrong, the consequences of his actions, or how others truly feel. The emotional disconnect between himself and others continues to enable his behavioral issues without the ability to learn in sight.
Valentine's perception of pain and pleasure are mixed. Unable to tell the difference, he willingly throws himself into compromised positions to seek the thrill he's craving. With his job as a hitman, Valentine isn't afraid of things like death, but is drawn to it to a detriment at times. He enjoys the blood and gore of it, and even likes being on the receiving end. Though of course what he can do with those fantasies can't often safely be enacted. Aurelio does his best to curb his lack of impulse control and general defiance, but he can only do so much, especially when he thrives off of negative attention for an excuse to retaliate. He's Valentine's biggest support when it comes to his mental health issues and refuses to abandon him even if he frequently acts out. Deep down the reason why he acts the way he does isn't purely from mental illness, it's just the kind of person he is... Along with other troubling issues from his past shaping who he is in the present. Basically, he went from being a problem child to a problem adult.
Due to his mental issues, hobbies, and job, he lives his unpredictable life to the fullest, never knowing when it may end. And despite all of his shortcomings he enjoys the time he spends alive, especially when it's with a man he finds cute, like Boss.
Voice claim: Ian Sinclair
Image song: Take The Veil Cerpin Taxt - The Mars Volta
Meme playlist (a lotta stuff that reminds me of him)
He was created on April 27th, 2020.
Charismatic --- Impulsive
Loyal --- Defiant
Romantic --- Short-tempered
PROFICIENCY: Swords, blades, sniper rifles
WEAK POINTS: Close to medium range guns, depth perception
STRENGTH / PERCEPTION / ENDURANCE / INTELLECT / DEXTERITY
- Hamburgers (his favorite)
- Dresses, especially with frills
- The color pink
- Scruffy beards on older men
- Being called pretty
- Boss' coat
- Strong alcohol
- Red meat, cooked rare
- Onions, bell peppers
- Wearing mens' clothing, pants
- Being alone
- Noncommittal, indecisive people
- Animals, for how they make a mess of fur on his clothes
- Being told what to do
- Authority figures (cops, military, etc. Anyone in charge of things, really.)
- Piercings (with the exception of Aurelio's)
- Being called a pirate or anything adjacent
- Being seen without his eyepatch on
- Descending stairs
- Cigar/cigarette smoke
- Spicy food
- He won't share with anyone besides Boss.
- Going wherever life takes him
- His job as a hitman
- Pestering Aurelio, in various ways
- Persuading men into spending time with him, or at least attempting to
- Eyepatch collecting
- Katana-polishing / sharpening
- Taking care of his absurdly long hair
- Painting his nails
- Reading trashy harlequin romance novels (ironic enjoyment, he promises)
- Despite being named Valentine, he was born on February 15th... The day after Valentine's Day.
- He considers "Vally" a cute nickname, but hates "Val".
- He was born and raised in Germany until leaving at a young age, so he can only speak English and assorted German words. His last name was Americanized upon immigrating, formerly being Adelheid.
- He's ambidextrous.
- He also has a keen sense of smell.
- Even with his looks, he still has the voice, mannerisms, and speech of a... Chad, in layman's terms. Overly masculine in most things except appearances.
- His silver hair is natural, but he dyes the ends yellow. He has naturally straight hair and styles it himself, only being normal in the early morning before he "preens" himself.
- He likes to keep his nails painted, even if he's rarely seen without gloves. His choice most of the time is of course, pink.
- Due to his training, he's strong and can lift his own body-weight and then some-- making his bench-press capability somewhere around 210 pounds.
- The alias "Black Widow" was given to him because of one of his "techniques" for performing a hit, but also because of something else he doesn't like to talk about...
- He refers to his katana as "Julia" with feminine pronouns.
- He... Has a bad habit of biting people.
- He claims that his favorite movie, Dirty Dancing, had somewhat of an influence on making him want to dress the way he does.
- He isn't bothered by people thinking he's a woman at first. In fact, it gets him excited.
- Likes to use pet names for people, like Baby, Cutie, and... Daddy. Boss isn't spared from it. (His preferred pet name for him is "baby" despite his age.) He has a habit of calling people "babe" instead when he's irritated.
- His cooking skills are average at best. Why try when someone else can do it for him?
- He can't drive. Not only because of his lack of a right eye, but because Aurelio is too afraid to let him try with his destructive tendencies.
- He'd drop his Hitman job in a heartbeat to be Aurelio's housewife, even if he'd make a horrible one.
- His biggest dream is to die during sex. Well, maybe his second biggest, marrying Boss is more important.
I dunno... It's "deep", or something.
Songs that remind me of him or represent him, in one way or another. Links go to lyrics.
[ Best friend, boss, & unrequited love target ]
Boss~! He's the person who saved him from an uncertain, scary future many years ago. Valentine was first hired as his apprentice and still is considered to be one, but besides that he works as his hitman and personal bodyguard. He's always been sweet and understanding in his own awkward and blunt way, but also scolded him for his bad actions, unlike a certain Caporegime. Boss has always been the most accepting person in his life, helping him as much as he can (even if he's helping in a way Valentine hates). A while into his apprenticeship he developed a crush on him, and Aurelio figured it'd pass with time, but all that really happened was the crush growing into more of a romantic obsession. Valentine says he's the only person he'll ever love, avoiding serious relationships for the chance that his strong feelings might one day be requited.
He hopes that one day they'll get married. He'd make a horrible housewife, but he'd like to be one for him.
[ Friend & former teacher ]
Camilo trained Valentine when he was younger and first recruited. He was only ever nice and encouraging to him, as opposed to Boss letting him know when he acts out of line. He's almost like an older brother figure to him. And of course as Boss' best friend for decades, he got attached to him just as much as Aurelio. When Boss is the voice of wisdom, Camilo is the one who indulges him to do the more fun things in life. They're just a little dangerous together when left unsupervised.
[ Godfather ]
He doesn't talk to him much, but when they do, he seems nice enough. Boss completely changes who he is around him. He feels something off about him but can't quite place it. Valentine refuses to take orders directly from him, only agreeing when Boss tells him to.
[ Rival ]
Neither of them like each-other. Valentine doesn't remember what started their rivalry, but as soon as they're in the same room they pick fights. The target is usually pointed at his appearance or strange relationship with Aurelio. Santino only threatens him or says anything to make him upset when Aurelio is around so he doesn't get killed by his angry outbursts. Valentine is secretly a little hurt by his words and lets them sink in more than he lets on.