25 years ago that is.
thats all, not much else to say atm, still busy, got an interview on monday for a thing that'd fix my entire life in one fell swoop so i'm hoping that goes well but i'm trying not to get my hopes up Too high... but i rly want it. also need it. i got a week until my premium expires folks i need the financial security or my profiles are gonna look like garbo!!!!!! also something something rent i guess (i will be fine this month at least also i can probably get away with just buying an extra month for now premium-wise but i gotta add a little drama to keep my existential despair entertaining)
other than that uhh. i didn't end up making a bunch of new threads after all bc ive been so dang busy what with moving and working and still job hunting, might try and do some profiles soon or something but who knows, but i am trying to be more active on curiouscat again so hmu and i'll try and send you some qs at least once a week or so, and ideally eventually more often eventually once i can stop spending all my dang time on looking for jobs and what have you
but yeah that's all!! hope you're all having a good time and apologies for slow/nonexistent responses on things and having 1,645 character notifications to go through. the apparent life hack atm is to link your ocs on curiouscat when you answer questions to receive my tiny little stars. i hope the new meme will be sending me qs that're just "what do you think of my cool oc," unironically, that sounds like a solid meme really
good eve to all and to all a good eve, first off as in the last bulletin apologies for anyone who's on my profile rn bc they're weirded out by the favspam!! like i said before i wanted to fav all of the adopts i've made/traded/etc bc it's fun to look at what's become of them! OKAY now on to the other stuff
Unfortunately activity isn't shaping up to be much different for a while; I'm set to move out into baby's first apartment next weekend, but I still don't have a full-time job so I've been Very Stressed, naturally. My parents are covering the security deposit & first month's rent since they know I need it + kind of a celebration gift so I'm set there at least, and I might be okay for the next month because I'm expecting a cool $500 from taxes soon + my birthday is on the 10th so I might get some cash from family, so hopefully that'll buy me the time I bafflingly still need despite having applied to well over 50 jobs over the past month or so. It's to the point where I'm currently looking for a second part-time job instead which I extremely don't want to do because I'll never have a weekend (or maybe even a day off!) and there's no guarantee I'd get the 40 hours a week $11 per hour average despite my suffering, but considering my luck thus far I don't really have a choice at this point. Glad I'm $30k in student debt for this!!!!!!!! anyway
I do have an interview on Monday so We'll See but it's part time and in evenings and it's a sales position and I don't rly want to get into sales and blugh, I had an interview for a full-time thing that I felt went really well a couple weeks back but they never sent a rejection nor a request for references despite telling me they were looking to fill the position soon so... who knows what'll happen with that. ANYWAY AGAIN enough rambling, point is don't expect my activity to be much different than it is right now. Which is to say... slight activity once a month and then I slip into the ether of perpetual exhaustion again.
On to the other stuff! The fun stuff!! Lots of site updates going on, they all seem pretty nice to me! Glad photography going uncredited finally got addressed bc that always bugged me, I really want to try out folder flattening since that seems nice but I'm not entirely sure how it works?? if there's a tutorial out there pls tell me, I'm utilizing the profile blocks more now (might use Worlds if I ever get some heckin time to work on them,) and I like favorites folders! Spent some of today going through my favorites and organizing them a bit; I didn't end up making all that many folders in the end so unsorted is still where most will go, but here's what I got!:
- Coding - For HTML/CSS stuff which is the main reason I'm super glad abt this because now I don't have to bookmark them in my browser or dig through TH favorites to refind them!! Will I ever use anything in here...?! Theoretically, maybe.
- Designed by Me - Characters I created, mostly DreamSelfy freebies I whipped up. It's really cool to see what people have done with them, and a lot of them have some really nice art! There's also a subfolder for characters who haven't been named and have empty (or essentially empty) profiles since I wanted to make the more finished ones more obvious so I can reread 'em; I'll check back in every now and then and if those empty folks end up getting some more deets and whatnot I'll move them!
- Previously Owned - Adoptables I used to own but have since resold/traded/given away. Probably won't get much bigger than this; there should be a handful more but most of 'em have favorites disabled and some aren't on-site/public AFAIK, so alas... still, it'll be fun to have those in one place to check back in! I've had a person or two come back to profiles I've finished and be like "yo I resold that to you, nice!!" and it'd be nice to give someone that same warm fuzzy feeling someday as well!
- the iso palette aesthetic - I wanted to make Some kind of special folder so Behold... blue! Yellow! White! Little stars! Watery aesthetics! Sparkles! Saturated colors! Flowers! Click and witness a glimpse of The Iso Aesthetic...! Not the whole aesthetic, just the specific ocean-on-a-sunny-day part of the brand(tm). I thought about doing The Iso Aesthetic(tm) alone but that would be... a Lot of things so. Maybe I'll make a couple different aesthetic folders someday or something...? Like I got the Void Aesthetic(tm), the Flower Aesthetic(tm), not to mention various backstory/personality/relationship aesthetics... i'm lazy tho
- Featured OCs - that me ocs -_- just the folks with finished profiles (post v2 layouts that aren't broken basically)
- That Weird Thing You Do With Food - A thread about food quirks you have, be it unusual ways of eating or unusual combination likes!
- Image Favorites - A thread that asks about image favorites, since it feels like a low proportion of the site uses them despite TH being really art-oriented! Help me solve the mystery and share your thoughts!
- What was the first species you ever created? - A thread about your first species, whether that's a closed species or just a ripoff of your favorite cartoon you made when you were a kid! Talk about your early species journey here and show off any old species of yours that still exist!
I have a couple more thread ideas, but since I answer them in the first post myself and all they take some time to make, not to mention I don't want to flood too hard. Hopefully they're interesting enough to not come off as floody either way, though! I'm legit interested in seeing people's responses to these subjects!! TH I feel has kind of a dearth of discussion threads compared to the early days - mostly a lot of pet peeve/unpopular opinion things, question threads and forum games and RP searching it feels like, not as much just discussing general stuff and your work; all of those kinds of threads are totally valid and whatnot and there's definitely still stuff like I'm looking for, just not as much as before I feel! - so I'd like to try and change that a little!
I want to get one in world discussion & character discussion tomorrow at least, and after that maybe I'll try to make one somewhere once a week? Or at the very least I'll just make threads whenever I think of them instead of holding back bc I feel like it's been too soon since my last thread or bulletin.
also reminder to pls buy my wares. my 5 second math indicates theres 55 bucks in that thread and that's my phone bill covered right there baby!! also i will need paypal money bc my premium expires next month and i don't want all of my profiles to be broken for however long before i can justify dropping 25 smackeroons. ok i'll also accept art bc i rly just want them gone at this point so i can stop bumping that damn thread and delete the files but. a couple bucks would be nice rn
ok that's all have a nice day, how's things goin on for you folks??
i need to make a full-on bulletin abt updates and whatnot but i wanted to get a bulletin out rq bc now that favorite folders exist i'm going back and favoriting all of the designs i've created (like dreamselfy freebies) and adopts i used to own but traded/resold (i rly like seeing what becomes of them now that they got a happy home!!) so a lot of people are probably being favspammed rn....... idk if moving favs to different folders gives notifs but ive also been doing a lot of that too so.
sadly i can't get Everything bc some people have favs disabled or didn't reupload adopts that i didn't transfer on-site but it's not rly that big of a deal or anything
ok back to faving
GOT ACCEPTED INTO AN AFFORDABLE AND DEPENDABLE APARTMENT WITH A MERCIFUL MOVE-IN DATE OF APRIL 1ST (or earlier)............................ YEAH BABY!!! it's got its flaws but It's Affordable And Dependable and also near a lot of things so i'm ok with it
now i just need a full-time job to get back to me. any day now. that would be nice. i've been applying to three jobs a day every day for a while now (which is why i didn't actually end up being active for a lil bit on cc after all bc that rule (which is understandable) was put in place like a day after i made that bulletin) but haven't had any luck w/ even interview offers aside from one place which i quickly discovered is a Nightmare Hell Zone where the founders (who hang around bc the hq is in my area) throw millions of dollars at homophobes and transphobes and complain that millennials are special snowflakes (also common among management per glassdoor) so i decided to not pursue that. no amount of money is worth the agony that would be lmao even if my immediate co-workers were cool
ANYWAY i'm mostly just making this bulletin to say activity is still gonna be low for a while yet, but that kind of provides an estimate of when my life will start settling and my activity can be consistent again! i might get more active before then if i can get a damn job which is rly just my major obstacle, i could vent abt it for 50 years but i don't want a big ol vent abt unrelated stuff pinned on my oc website profile page but i'll just leave it at finding a job Is Hard esp when you kinda wasted your degree bc you didnt end up interested in its careers. so now i'm 30k in debt and spent 5 years in college and the result is me struggling to get a job that pays at least 11 dollars an hour - the bare minimum i need to pay bills every month and that might not be enough still bc our estimates are rough and also i'd still have to keep my current job one day a week - to take me
WHOOPS rambling again but yeah point is things are still gonna be inactive for a while, i still check cc every day to drop those mfuckin likes but haven't had time to send stuff, and i check here every day but mostly for bulletins and pings since i haven't had time for a lot of oc reading but i got all that saved in my inbox so i'll get around to it Eventually. atm any free time i have after i'm done scraping the bottom of the barrel for jobs is spent on playing etrian odyssey nexus bc it's so hecking long i feel like i'll probably have a job before i manage to finish it. which i mean is good bc god do you get your money's worth in terms of play time but what a terrible time for a long-ass game i rly like to release... suffering...
uh but yeah, tl;dr inactivity update: still inactive. still gonna be for a while. could be over a month before i have time to just sit and chill on the ol' internet, but could also be earlier
ALSO i might open commissions in the future if i can't get anything over 11 bucks an hour bc having that extra income would help a lot to have some form of emergency funds! art is a struggle for me and i dunno where the spoons will come from after working full-time 5 days a week + saturday mornings considering i rarely have art spoons when i have nothing goin on but we'll see... it might be a necessity so yeah. if i opened anything it'd probably be like lineless busts and chibis (i mean i gotta figure out how to chibi but ya know) akin to the little square fanart things i made a while back. it's a big maybe but i mention it bc when things settle i might open up requests to practice with and whatnot! would probably be around $10 bucks? also might open up a ko.fi or something at some point for anyone who wants to throw money at my poor ass
and yeah thats it! 2 lazy to think of a poll but have a nice day
Have been working on a big ol' multi-character mini-profile thing for Princess Soul Ultimatum - also known as Princess RPG, the setting I've been hyperfixating on for the past month or two - and decided to post it! I was originally going to wait until after I finished the tabs for the Dark Princesses (a group of Princesses who had their unexpectedly psychological isekai adventure a year prior and decided to give up their humanity and stay in Delphys,) the B Team (a group of Princesses owned by my gf who wound up never meeting up with the A Team and go on their own parallel adventure,) and everyone's patrons, but... that could take a long time and I really want to have info about these characters available publicly somewhere!! Also I can't rly make the patrons in kisekae rip
But yeah, check it out! Bunch of fancy lil mini-bios that I think look pretty rad, definitely check out that coder!! Though this wasn't meant to have multiple copies in a single bio but I THINK I tweaked things enough to not break on small screens! If you notice any coding weirdness or any typos, let me know!
...also i call them mini-bios but i accidentally went through like their whole backstories RIP i am incapable of making small bios... but considering the themes of the story I really wanted to get down to their specific role in the conflict, which requires a little backstory to explain why they feel the way they do! I wanted to describe their forms, too, but... so little space... I don't want to cram even more in that lil box!! I might make a thread about their forms and general abilities, though, which I'll link in that profile and make a bulletin about when/if I do! Shouldn't take Too long to whip up something like that considering I've epicly laid everything out before, so maybe I'll go work on something like that now... maybe a thread would be a good avenue for patrons as well...
ALSO I've made up a lot of monsters/names for things in there so here's a quick overview of the less-Googleable things:
- Nephilim: Human-angel hybrids mostly defined by their massive size, naturally being approximately, well, 4,134 ft tall; Isabella's patron wears a shitton of accessories to reduce her size but she's still hanging around in the 40s. They also appear more human than angels, having mostly just wings and a halo and lots of feathers whereas angels get a little alien.
- Ovis: Name pending hardcore; Ovises are basically sheeple. Curly horns, little tails, hooved legs, and lots of floofy fur. Typically have dream-related abilities, because where do you think the idea of counting sheep comes from??? (dakota's patron is a big math nerd)
- Anodyna: A sort of sub-species of slime, though they're much more solid, more like a gummy bear than slime. They typically have glowy bits as well and their typical forms give them the suggestion of being in a nurse outfit. They have advanced healing magic and their slime - which they can change the viscosity of - is usually bottled and sold as a healing remedy.
- Sucra: Basically dessert gijinkas of varying types and properties that have some undecided bits or another (might give them tentacles or a rly long flexible tail + some funky shard horns/ears??) made out of colorful sugar.
- Formican: Ant folks. Yeah. Known for their large communities and sheer number of warriors.
- Selachim: Shark folks. Yeah pt 2. They get a bad rap, but they're actually pretty nice.
- Bicorn: Panther taurs who have two unicorn horns, a flowy unicorn tail, and horse ears. Kind of a hybrid of the original Middle Ages depiction and the typical modern form (Evil Unicorn With Two Horns.) Alarmingly vicious predators.
- Nephoid: Cloud folks with various subtypes based off of cloud types. Nephele's patron, for example, is based off of stratus clouds.
- Witch: Proficient mages who're also black cat kemonos bc dammit a kitty witch species IS A GOOD IDEA!!!
- Nebuloid: Space-based beings partially made out of nebulae and have rocky limbs. They have mastery over gravity.
And yeah, that should be it, def give it a glance: PSU is a really meaningful story to us because it's very rooted in our own self-exploration, breakthroughs, and coping w/ the world around us both in immediate terms and wide-scale terms. It's influenced a lot by the experience of us, our friends, our families, and other people we know, and I think it's probably one of the only settings I have where I went into it with themes in mind and a message I wanted to say. Also it has cute monster girls and I like cute monster girls leave me alone (also poe's sister is in here which gives a little more context to his interabang tab and relationships)
As for the other notes! I uhhhhh never got too active again did I. TL;DR after being intensely distracted by that hbomberguy DK64 stream for a couple days I wound up having some laptop issues and got a new one (only possible thanks to an extremely generous contribution from my literal angel of a girlfriend bc I still don't have a full-time job and my hours have been rly dire,) so it took a while to get things backed up and ready for transfer. Then when I went to go transfer stuff TL;DR the new laptop almost started on fire so I had to take it back and get a NEW new one which works fine (I mean I can't fuckin get adaptive lighting to shut off but OTHER THAN THAT) and then transferring everything over took a million years...
I'd say I'd start being more active BUT I just found out the other day that Etrian Odyssey Nexus is coming out on the 5th... and it's like 100 hours long and much bigger than any previous EO game... so. I will not be more active. Well okay there's still time between now and then, but my RP backlog has built up a bit and I've been displaying the quality of my prioritizing skills by catching up on SA threads and LPs instead of doing more productive internet stuff so NO PROMISES
Probably gonna get to catching up on Curious Cat and asking stuff again for a while, though, so if you want sick Qs let me know what your profile is since I haven't recognized half of the people who've followed me so I dunno what to ask!! Mine's over here. I usually ask a lot of more general questions (like "which oc..." or stuff about favorite video games, etc.,) but if you ever want questions about anything specific feel free to let me know! or if you have kinds of questions you don't like getting! I love questions about pretty much anything, especially OCs, but you can probably find some info about interests somewhere on my tumblr I haven't edited anything on in almost 3 years RIP, probably even more than that on my pages bc the last few times i edited my age that was all i touched... rest in peace
uhhhhh that's it i think! gonna try and work on getting through notifs before eox comes out at least though i only have i little over 100 chara ones rn... and will probably start doing CC stuff tonight! have a nice eve my friends
OH ALSO holy fuck you can switch wysiwyg for specific things now im mcfreakin losing it this is all i've ever wanted... sheds a single tear... profiles will be much less of a hassle now
WHOOPS should've made this yesterday but whatever! I've written a couple new things in the past few days - all of them pretty short - so check 'em out!:
- warm - a super short (a whopping 337 words) fic about my cutie pie gf's cutie pie oc and her cutie pie feelings about her cutie pie gfs. it's Gay
- Anomalies in Entirety - A library entry. Not a particularly amazing one and very brief, but it describes the unusual powers of a bunch of OCs I haven't uploaded. Well, you can see Chiro here at least...?
- Entirety Theory - An absolute must-read if you've ever wondered "wtf is all this 'Entirety' junk Iso keeps mentioning!" It's written in-character and therefore doesn't explain things in the way I might to make things clearer. I'm hoping to make a thread like with Tested Anatomy and the stats thread that explains a lot of terms for my things, like elaborating further on what exactly a Reality it is and how it differs from, say, a universe or dimension. I'm always willing to answer stuff outside of fancy posts, though, so if you're ever confused about something feel free to ask on here or Curious Cat!
Uhhhh yeah that's it I guess! Have a nice day!!
EDIT: OH YEAH as usual pls let me know if you spot any typos or other errors so i can fix 'em!! most of my writing is done at like midnight so i am not a very good proofreader.
Howdy folks, just wanted to let everyone know I'm gonna be slacking on notifications/responses/Curious Cat questions and answers/profiles etc. for the next week or so most likely! Tomorrow's my cutie pie angel wonderful perfect gf memeduchess' birthday and I wanted to make her stuff on my three-day weekend last week, but I wound up having a migraine the whole time and preparing Nothing. I have a disturbing amount of time off this week, though (like... almost the entire week. after tomorrow i don't work again until saturday. rip money,) so I really want to spend some time drawing stuff for her and maybe trying to crank out a short story or two about our OCs!
I am....................................... love my gf
BUT afterward things should be back to normal again and I'll still probably do stuff outside of that, just at a much slower pace for the next few days!
HELLO it's me and i'm gettin all slow and inactive again because i started playing let's go pikachu.... Whoops. BUT i keep seeing people talking about curious cat again which made me really want to remake mine (i deleted it way back when when there was a brief scandal about them using personal data or something that wound up being false information but alas it was too late which is weird bc i don't usually do things so impulsively like that but ANYWAY) so i did!:
feel free to ask me questions about whatever, be it about ocs or what the best kind of toast is! (the answer is peanut butter toast)
ALSO be sure to link yours bc i followed some people i recognized from my twitter recs but i dunno if those are current accounts or not plus i'm sure i missed 10,000 people i'd love to follow and make up questions on the spot to!
no not a character it's my user profile!!! saw this code around the block and decided i must have it bc i've been meaning to revamp my profile anyway since there was a bunch of outdated stuff on there (like not having adopts uploaded and whatnot)
also there's a list of COOL PEOPLE on there now and YOU'RE PROBABLY ON IT!!!!!! and if you're not well ur probably still cool but i am very forgetful and was inactive for a long time or don't feel like we comment on each other's things a lot etc etc so don't feel bad, mayhaps you will end up on the wall of fame someday... Imagine... especially if i just managed to forget our mutual acquaintanceship. i am not a talented acquaintance.
and now u can also click on all of my sweet friends essentially none of whom use this dang site, upload your donuts you jerk so i can link mine to them!!! the nerve of some people...
Decided to spruce up a profile today, and the next on the poll was Felicity! She had one of the more up-to-date profiles, so the only new info is under RP History, Stats, and Interabang, though she's got pics in Attributes now with the usual hover text! Her profile was pretty broken, though, but now it's nice and legible! And even more rainbowy! S o m u c h c o l o r ! Hopefully not too much, though...?
Also cranked out a short story last night called Exuviae, which is a peek into 2cro's early days that gives you an idea of where and how his fall really started. It's a bummer! But also pretty short, so if you need your depression fix there's a nice little snack for you! Maybe someday poor Spades will get a nice ref and a profile... Someday...
Other than that Uhhhhh still busy but things are slowing down a little, it's been nice having the time to post in forum games again here and there! Hope everyone's having a pleasant end of the yearsmas!